- Car Rental – Any of the major well known brands (You would probably need to rent a car)
- Public Transport – Gautrain
- Taxi Rental – Uber
Things to do
- Lion park – More like a Zoo. Not for seeing animals in the wild-
- Rhino & Lion Park – More like in nature for the lions – You have to drive around in car.
- Top of Africa, Carlton Centre – If you are OK to go into Central Johannesburg (and it will be an experience) then you can go to the top of the highest building in Africa & Southern Hemisphere. I won’t do shopping or anything else there, it’s a bit dodgy but the view from there is great
- Gold Reef City Theme Park – Theme park, casino and you can go into the mines.
- Monte Casino – Casino that is a made to look like fake Europe, so maybe not so cool for a european.. 😉 But they also have nice bird gardens.
- Apartheidmuseum – If you are interested in the history of apartheid
- Hop on Hop off Bus – This will visit many of above
- Sandton City – Sandton is in general the “new” central business district since JHB centre is a bit of a mess. We both worked there at many clients, but there is also lots of shopping, mostly inside Sandton City shopping centre.
- Rosebank – Close to Sandton, but I think a bit more “african orientated” shopping.
A short drive from Johannesburg
- Cradle of Humankind – First human remains found.
- Sun City – Casino, resorts, wildlife and more. It’s basically the Vegas of South Africa, and at least 2 hours drive out of Johannesburg.
- Pilanesberg Game Reserve – Game reserve just outside of Sun City.
Blog from a local
My friend has a blog with many things, but also includes many great spots in Jozi. Here is a link to her blog filtered on Jozi: http://www.wiscellaneous.com/?s=jozi